16 March, 2014

Sunday Check In

It has been 113 days since my 40th birthday and the day that I began to make my occasional walks into a purposeful endeavor.  The totals for my fortieth year are:

Road            127
Woods           17
Snowshoe      15
-------------------
Total            159

We've had a bit of a warm up so the roads are clear of ice but the snow remains too deep to head out into the woods without snowshoes.  To be honest, I am ready to be done with those military surplus snowshoes for the year.  Consequently, I pounded out a few miles on the road, including our single longest walk to date: 13 miles.  Saw some turkeys, stag deer whose shed antlers I hope to find in two weeks when, hopefully, snow melt will reveal them, and neighbors.  I also figured out how to make it so I could see the screen on my new cell phone when outdoors.

The changing temperature and desire for a little bit of gear on my walk had me trying out a fanny pack I had planned to use only on walks in the woods.  If you wear a large enough shirt, no one can see that you are wearing it.



No comments:

Post a Comment