22 May, 2014

Here's Johnny!

 
On May 22, 1992 I was getting ready to graduate high school, spend a few months working at a factory, and then head off to Illinois State University.  Other than a few months here and there, it also marked my final months of living in the only town I'd ever called "home."

Eyes on the future, I didn't really pay to much attention to end of the Carson era of late night television.  Late nights were for either being out running around or sleeping.  I hadn't been that interested in television for a couple of years. 

Did I miss anything?  Well, nothing I'd trade for what I did experience. 

Still, I hear Johnny's voice in my head time to time.  If you mention late night television, I don't think of Leno.  I only secondly think of Leno.  The first face to come to mind is Johnny Carson.

No comments:

Post a Comment